1) All teams are required to sign the team sheet. Suggested team size is 4-5 people max. No additional names shall be added after Friday, February 26, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. EST (Exceptions will be allowed only in extreme cases and at the discretion of the Competition Directors).
2) Teams, with all team members, must be present at the venue at least once on Saturday, February 27, 2016. Failure to appear shall result in disqualification. Winning teams must be present at the venue for all proceedings on Sunday, February 28.
3) Final projects/presentations must be submitted by 10am EST/9am CST on Sunday, February 28, 2016. The submission must include a description and screenshots. All teams shall submit as a PDF and a PPT Deck to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org . In the subject line, note the city that you submitting from and the team name
4) On Sunday, February 28, 2016 you must be at the venue for 11am CST/ 12pm EST in order to set up for the judging.
5) Judges will visit each team (Science Fair – Style). Teams will present & demonstrate their projects to the judges only.
6) Judges will select 3 finalists. Those 3 finalists will present to the entire group.
7) There will be 3 teams in each city presenting.
8) There will be a 1st, 2nd & 3rd place combined winner, selected from the 6 finalists
All Prize details will be determined by The Sponsor in its sole discretion. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar prize (or prize element) of comparable or greater value. All taxes and other expenses, costs, or fees associated with the acceptance and/or use of any Prize are the sole responsibility of winners. Prizes cannot be transferred or substituted by winner. If a Prize is unclaimed within a reasonable time after notification from The Sponsor, as determined by The Sponsor in its sole discretion, it will be forfeited, and time permitting, an alternate winner may be selected from the remaining eligible Entries at The Sponsor’s sole discretion.
You and/or your entire team may be disqualified for any of the following actions, with or without warning, in The Sponsor’s sole discretion: (i) verbal abuse of another participant or Hackathon staff; (ii) inappropriate touching or harming of another participant or Hackathon staff; (iii) breach of the Hackathon Participant Agreement or any other agreement entered into in connection with the Hackathon; (iv) violation of or non-compliance with any section of this Participation Agreement or (v) violating the spirit of the Hackathon. If The Sponsor has reason to believe that you or your team has compromised the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Hackathon, or has attempted to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Hackathon, including, without limitation, by cheating, hacking, creating a malicious bot or other automated program, or by committing fraud in any way, your If during the Hackathon, any Hackathon staff has reason to believe that your health is in danger, you may be required to discontinue your participation in the Hackathon and asked to seek immediate medical assistance. Your teammates, if any, may continue participating in the Hackathon if they so choose.
All disqualification decisions are final and not subject to appeal.